Singleton High School

Respect . Responsibility . Pride . Excellence

Telephone02 6571 1199

Parents, Carers and the Community

As a parent or carer, you are an important part of our school community and we offer a range of services to support you and your family.

Parents and Citizens’ Association (P&C)

Our Parents and Citizens’ Association (P&C) is made up of parents and carers, teachers and community members. The P&C meets regularly to contribute to decision-making, developing policies and management plans as well as fundraising.

Our P&C Association is a voluntary group of local parents and citizens who raise money to support the school's activities. In addition to fundraising, the P&C provides the school's management team with feedback, guidance and representation from parents and citizens.

The P&C meets at 5:30pm, the third Monday of the month during school terms, in the main staff common room. Everybody is welcome and we greatly value any contribution you can make, please come along or email us.

  • President > tba
  • Vice President > tba
  • Secretary > Kristen Southwell
  • Treasurer > Rebecca Vickers
  • Canteen Manager > Ros Hafner
  • Committee Member > tba
  • Committee Member > tba

email >

Volunteering at School

Helping out at school is a great way to get involved in your child’s education as well as get to know the staff and other parents and carers.

Research shows that children benefit when their parents or carers are actively involved in their education and school life.

You can help by:

  • volunteering on sports days
  • helping supervise excursions
  • getting involved in fundraising activities
  • joining school committees.

Counselling for families

The school counsellor can assist when families undergo a trauma or big change. Contact us to make an appointment. For information in community languages, see school counselling service.

Outside of the education system, free telephone counselling services are available to support families who may be going through a difficult time.

  • Lifeline – 24-hour telephone counselling service. 13 11 14.
  • Mensline Australia – 24-hour telephone counselling service for men. 1300 789 978.
  • Parent line – 24-hour advice and information service. 1300 1300 52.

Interpreting and translations

We will help you communicate with our school. If you’d like an interpreter for a school meeting, let us know and we will arrange one, if available.

If you don’t speak or understand English well and want to contact us, call TIS National on 131 450 and ask for an interpreter in your language. The operator will call the school and get an interpreter to help. This service is free.

For more information, listen in your language.

Visit the department’s translated documents section for important information that’s relevant for your child’s education in many languages.